Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

3.11.2005

the joys of LA

I thought I'd seen it all with the star spottings in Starbucks, a week of rain shutting down the city, and the sitting in traffic for two hours to go five blocks (no joke). Until today.
This morning I was awoken by a siren, skreaching, a huge crash and then three police officers yelling sternly "get on the ground, put your hands in the air." I got out of bed to see where this madness was taking place, to find it culminated in my parking spot. I never thought I'd say this, but I am so thankful for street cleaning, because that prevented me from parking there this morning. Unfortunately, someone was parked there and his car smashed into another car, ultimately totaling three. The driver was driving a stolen car and was carrying a wad of cash adn drugs. The saddest part is that the stolen car had handicap lisence plates. Thank the Lord, nobody was hurt, except a few cuts on the driver. My street and sidewalk is trafficked by many pedestrians, but by His grace, they weren't out this morning. So this is my praise for the day. Thank you Lord for keeping us safe today from those crazies out there. Now that, that, that, that is crazy! (Shout out to Fisher)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home