Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.25.2005

missing you

I just spent the weekend at a retreat center in Big Bear climbing ropes courses and hangning out with a campus group I'm a part of called peer helpline. It made me think of mount hermon because of the whole camp thing. The ropes guys there actually train and inspect our ropes course stuff at mount hermon. Standing on top of the tree, waiting to jump out to a trapese(Trapese Swinger Mike, yeah I like), I realized how brave our little fifth and sixth graders are. I seriously almost cried. And then I thought of Fish calling me a hack, and I did it. But nobody there would have told me to man up. I love that you guys challenge me. Spending time in a completely different community gave me insight into how special our community is. I would far rather be getting lost driving to where ever it is we went for our retreat with you guys, than have things run smoothly with peer helpline. I love them, but they are from a different world. I'm trying to say I love and appreciate who you all are in my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fisher-man said...

awwww... such nice things you have to say. I heart you Bruin. way not to suck on the ropes course

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Christopher said...

Frankly I'm just glad that someone other than myself had a tear jerker moment on the blog.

Your awsome burbear.

_Spidey

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Tuesday said...

"Your awsome burbear."

While I think I agree, I really can't be sure about what these 3 words are trying to convey.

Oh, but how I do love affirmation.

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Christopher said...

I just think my spelling abilities rock! [bru]

I'll never be an eager beaver reader (sigh)

-Spidey

2:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home