Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

7.29.2005

Jambo wa Afrika

I've been here in Arusha, Tanzania for about a week. It's a relatively big city near the base of Mount Kilimonjaro. We climbed up into Mt meru, the closer mountain and down into a waterfall. it's amazingly beautiful here. the stars are fantastic. Sunday, we'll be leaving our city hostel and going to our homestays in the villages which should be fun. I've been taking swahili. Tuesday, your name in swahili is Juma nne. Fish is samaki. Jav yours is jav. When I go on a safari I'll report back with Scout. The rest of your names reach beyopnd my present skills. I've thought a lot about you to-be nurses because I've also been learning more than I imagined about bio and viruses and such. I hope you all are having a great summer. Have fun with the kids. You make their summer. Thanks for your support and prayers. If you could continue praying for me, please pray that I find a culturally appropriate way to help the kids in my class protect themselves. I'm so excited to learn about their culture and beliefs anbd work within that. Sorry this is long and a bit mushy, but being far away makes me realize how close to my heart you all are. Love,
Bru

3 Comments:

Blogger Fisher-man said...

we're proud of you bruin

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Lark said...

WOW, Bruin you are so in my prayers...and maybe you'll find out what my name is! haha much love

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Chilly said...

Bruin! So great to hear from you! Love that you are learning the lingo :-) Love you and miss you much. You are definutly in my prayers.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home