Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

8.20.2006

Family Camp VI + other videos

These videos from the battlefront are slowly killing me so I'm done. Done with video entirely. The only highlight I could find from this week is Daff, sporting a severely (and in light of his recent remarks, deservedly) sprained ankle. That's all.

I'm also posting some footage I put together for banquet. The theme was Hermon Bandstand -- kind of a 60s teevee show that Bob hosted. I had to develop an intro sequence and then a commercial for conference center. Both soaked up a lot of time this last week. They're posted below this week's video.

That's it. Everyone's gone. We shook up the world!

Video Diary



Hermon Bandstand Intro



Trailer: Conference Center - The Movie

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew K. said...

those vids just reminded me of why i wanted to work there this summer.

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

I wish I had not discovered these videos at work - I can't watch them yet.... ooh I'm excited.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

absolutly brilliant. i could not stop laughing. are you really showing that at banquet? i love all the drug talk... and guns in front of the field house. It's really the funniest thing i've seen.

and i love chic.

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

sweet stuff.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Holy crap. Seriously... I didn't know you could do this.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

I'm real grateful for the ups. I can honestly self-assess here and say it's my most accomplished work so far. I was really lucky, though, to have a lot of help from summer staff filling all sorts of extra roles -- from rappelling down the side of staff dining to pushing my wheel-chair dolly.

That all-inclusiveness was great when we played it at banquet (and, yeah, we played it at banquet, and yeah I was worried about getting slapped around by Bob) because everyone had someone to cheer for. Fiesta, I think, got the loudest hollas. Full-time staff seemed pretty amused, too.

I could go on and on about what fun and how tiring it was to shoot and edit that 2.5 minutes of fun. The fight night sequence was my favorite. I have photos of it on flickr. We used lights, I bought sound effects. Fiesta knocked Scuba Steve out in the first round.

Crazy fun. I love it when this is my job.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Freakin' Gator!

That is the sickest thing all of my point loma buddies have seen and I can think of a time that I missed you more than after seeing your work. Run with it. God, you're talented.

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home