Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

3.14.2006

Get Ready (and update)

Hi everyone-
First and foremost I just recieved a email from Bob and I am definetly going to return to Day Camp this summer. I'm really excited to build off of last summer, see everyone and help lead as someone with a little bit of experience. It will be a exciting challenge and opportunity to work with a bunch of new counselors as well as a new director and coordinator (Gator and Shannon- I will miss you both!!!). For those of you returning for sure, get ready because it is going to be awesome! For those of thinking of returning, do it! And all those non-returners, you better have a good excuse- Jav and Jayber, marriage isn't one. Oh wait, yes it is.

Update- I am at the end of the hardest quarter of my life. I'm only taking three business classes but they are all hard. I'm doing fine in my two Accounting classes but Economics 306 can go to hell because that's where it came from. I have my last final today at 3 and then I'm done!!! This was a interesting quarter for me. I had a real job for once but it was cool. I coached elementary girls basketball for parks and rec. It was a bunch of fun and I'm pretty sure Mount Hermon helped me land the job (there were like 120 applicants for 20 spots and I had never coached before). Both my teams did awesome and learned alot. I have one pizza party today should be alright.
Also, I kinda sorta am dating a new girl. I met her through coaching and it's been fun getting to know her over the last month. She is a Christian, fun, smart, a professional surfer (random), and puts up with me so that's cool. Were not too serious because that might take up more time then I am willing to give. Our first mo nth has been kinda crazy. Her Grandpa died and the next week her brother got into a really serious car accident after being hit by a drunk semi-truck going home from schoolwith his three friends. One died, one had his leg amputated, and one is doing O.K. Her brother was in a coma for a week and in critical care. He went into cardiac arrest twice but lived. He had open-heart and brain surgery and is doing better (a %100 miracle that he is alive). He is paralyzed with lots of other problems but at least he is alive. God has been doing amazing things in this situation and I can see that. Kinda crazy stuff for people who just started dating.
Anyway, way to long so sorry but I hope everyone is doing good and I miss you all!

21 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. said...

First: congrats, Daff - on everything: Mt. Hermon, dealing with classes, coaching girls, plunging into the dating world

Second: Is there anything I can specifically pray for re: the girl your dating? How's she doing in this situation? Grief is the most ridiculously difficult thing to "get through," and I'd like to help in any way I can.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

I echo Jav. Well said.

Daff: thanks for the update, that's heavy and wonderful at the same time. I'll have that in prayer. P.S.- I'm gonna miss having a second summer with you.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

*opens mouth to complain about kids or something*

*reads Daff's post*

*closes mouth*

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

daff, so you're in bellingham, and I'm in langley. you'll be at camp and so will i. let's get together in the northwest and make those in cali jealous.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Love the enthusiasm of the first part - it reminds me of how much fun it is to be around Daff.

Keep us updated on your girl and her brother. Sad story.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Lark- yes we need to have a Northwest hangout session which would be fun because we all know the northwest is way nicer then Cali... on second thought, no it's not.

Thanks for your consideration guys. It means alot. Kjersten is doing good considering the situation. Her faith is being tested and I think me being their has really helped with that. Her Mom is a Christian and her Dad is definetly not (Divorced) and her family situation exactly stable. There are conflicting views on how to deal with things and I see God clearly in this situation so hopefully over time her brother will. She is kinda the strong one for her bro and the family. Pray for her dealing with her family drama and helping her brother.
Pray for me cause we did just start dating and its alot to handle. She's pretty cool about it though. Thanks again!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Is it too much to ask for a picture?

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

thanks for the update! I will be praying for you!

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

yes, Spiffer, unfortunately it is. I will post one when I get one though.

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I'm excited your coming back Daff. We have to hang out more this summer. I have only one regret from last summer, and that's that we didn't have much one on one time. I'm glad your coming back.

Congrats on everything, I hope everything comes out o.k.

~Spidey

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Collie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:42 AM

 
Blogger Collie said...

be afraid DC...For the terrible Frodo is returning, to wreak havoc on the lives of children for one more summer...

but yeah, I got an e-mail and I will be back too.

1:44 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Er ... as anything in particular or do we just know that people are hired?

6:55 AM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Yeah- Do we know who is what this year? I'm one of the team leaders but do we know the other two, the director, and craft director yet?

Spidey- it will be good to see you again also

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Frodo told me team leader as well.

So this is it so far:

Team leader Mr. Daff
Team leader Mr. Froho
Waterboy Mr. LuffBRO

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Then using my powers of deduction ... I know who is going to be director!

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Who, are you going to be director? If so, congratulations!

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

AUGH! So excited for you people!

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Carefully notice that I did not use a capital 'w' in my previous comment.

Who is going to be director
(I just can't decide what punctuation to use!)

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

But who's workin' crafty? Will DC leadership be a sausage crew again? Yo lay-DEES!

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home