Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

3.04.2006

[I think this is] fun news about what I'm up to

Ok, so things are going pretty well here in LA. I guess this is a little bit of an update about two fun developments in my life.

#1) I was accepted to the interview process for Teach for America. I'm pretty pumped about this. G8R is currently doing some background work trying to get me the key teacher info so I can "wow" them during my half-day interview. Wish me luck (and some prayer would probably be nice). The interview is on the 24th.

#2) The campaign I'm working on is going well. There are just about 13 weeks (June 6) until we will know who is going up against Arnold. Really good polling came out for us within the last week and we went on television. If the California gubernatorial race is in any way interesting to you, or you just want to hear about the fun stuff I am (kind of) a part of, then I will direct you to 3 links. (I don't know if these will be links or if you'll have to copy/paste.)

A good article from the Sacramento Bee to give you an overview and some info about new important polling #'s:
http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/14224559p-15049170c.html

Our campaign's take on the new polling #'s:
http://rallyca.com/node/293

And the link to our brand new ad that is running on television all over the place - The "Connect" one was the first one, but we apparently also have a new one as of today:
http://www.westly2006.com/site/c.7nJGKPNrFqG/b.1022231/k.C32B/Videos.htm

Note/Disclaimer: Yes, he is Pro-Choice, and it so happens that so are the other 2 candidates for governor. It looks as if fate may just force us to vote on the basis of something else this time around; my choice is competenece (Hint - in my biased opinion, Westly is more competent than the other two, but you probably could have guessed that).

That's all for now. Take care friends.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Love said...

What is "Teach for America" exactly?

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

They do an intensive training and they send you to low-achieving districts and you teach for two years.

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

www.teachforamerica.org

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Your going to teach? For real? I mean I have no doubt you will rule at it, and good luck. But I didn't think that was the direction you were going in. Is this some sort of means to an end?

~Spidey

12:57 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

I want exposure to the things that politics affects before I enter into that field. I think it offers me a more real-life perspective. And I think TFA is a really cool program - it works for me on a bunch of different levels.

9:29 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

A while ago when you first let us all know about westley, I went on his site and read up. And I'm really impressed with his ideas and background. So i would suggest to you all, to explore all these guys and take a look at Westley, because I'm voting for him. I mean, make up your own mind.

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

That's really cool of you Fisherman.

~Spidey

6:03 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Thanks man.

9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home