Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

11.12.2006

Day Camp Family

To the Day Camp "Family",

I am sure you are all asking...who is this scout that is posting as though he is a part of this "family". No I am not shaggy changed his name to scout. I am that day camp counselor that use to look at this blog and use to actually communicate with those who have worked at Day Camp. I feel as though I am the child that has run away from home. Where has Scout been or what has he been doing? Why has he abandoned us for oh so long? Though I doubt I could answer all of your questions, some I can. I have been in New Jersey all summer and it was amazing. My only problem this summer was whenever I checked the day camp blog...yes I still check it every day yet never comment. Each time I checked this summer twas a new post about the summer staff. It only made me hurt and cry with saddness to not be at Day Camp this summer with all you people I love or be able to tell stories of old day camp counselors that we all miss terribly. I have returned from New Jersey trying to avoid heart ache by not looking at the post as much (this doesn't work!) So that is where I have been, though it is all a bad excuse.

Now, to clear things up that I didn't realize I left confusing. My roommates at school and myself have started a blog that we post on every few days. Who do you think were the first people I wanted to share this with...Day Camp. Not that you all have to check and/or read the blog but just so you know that I care about you all I put the other blog on there. It obviously didnt' go as planned but I hope this can clear it up. theheartofavalon.blogspot.com Check it out if you want but it is a BLOG not some creepy wicka book, Scout's honor! (I know stupid joke but i felt as though I had to put it in there)

The newest news for me is that my parents moved to Africa. They went to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) but recently were fleeing the country to south Africa because of some rioting over election results in the country. I also have a new nephew, Milo Ross, whom I absolutely love and get to see him about once a week. I work and go to school. Nothing new there. I miss you ALL a lot and wish I could actually see you all some time. Maybe I will. That is all I can think of but expect more comments and posting from me.
I'm Out,
Scout

10 Comments:

Blogger alexandra said...

awwwwww scout... you ARE alive!!! miss you, friend! hope to (someday) see you again! ha :)

11:24 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I blame facebook for Scouts absence. Come on buddy, It will never catch on.

11:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, what do you mean it will never catch on. Maybe not in your world will it catch on but it is already on Spidey!

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Casey said...

wow, it's all so clear now...thanks for clearing up my freshmen confusion and it's nice to meet you(if you can call this meeting you..) and yeah, i guess thats it...

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Why, thank you Nova. I do appreciate that. This can be considered meeting, though I was able to see pictures of your guys' summer. I feel as though I know you much better than you know me.

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

i'm so glad to hear from you

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Great news and catchup! Do you think you could come to MH/DC for Thanksgiving?

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Collie said...

Dear Scout,

seeing as my time without you has been dark and meaningless, it is great to hear from you again. Hope life is treating you well

12:30 AM

 
Blogger Casey said...

i dunno...you were the topic of many conversations this summer, i might know more about you than you think!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

Scout! There you are! Welcome back! Tell me when you're in Bako. (not that you'll have anything to come back home too)
I've missed you the past few times!Congrats to your sister! and I've been praying for your parents.

12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home