Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

11.02.2006

My First Day of School!

Ok friends. I need prayer prayer prayer!

Today at 11am stepping back into a public classroom for the first time since i graduated high school. Today is my first substitute teaching job! eeeek! It's been a long time coming, and i know a lot of you have been praying for me to reach this point - so the paper work, the transcrips, the doc. appts and the headaches are all finished... now i get to work.

but now... please pray for me and for Ms. Bayha's kindergarten class as Seibert Elementary.

11 Comments:

Blogger venessa said...

ahhhh how fun!!! i am praying for you.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

"Quick, hawk the spit wad while she's writing her name on the board"!

Careful Chill-Bill, I've said that a-many-a-time about my subs.

"Just punch 'em".

~Spidey-man

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Congrats! Prayer all around.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

way to go sis, I know Iam late on this one but I will pray for future days!

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

thanks you guys!
Today went great! As it turns out - i was subbing half-day for a teacher, who i met before she left, and she let me know that she teaches in the morning, and is a helper in the afternoon. So it was an easy day where i did prep work and got to see how a classroom worked instead of being thrown in front of 20 hungry kindergarteners. phew... thanks again!

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Nice, Chill. And here I am thinking -- not for the first time, but certainly for the most serious time -- about leaving teaching for something different. I guess teaching is a zero-sum game.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger venessa said...

gator, when was that?

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

This last weekend. Fish came back but told me not to tell you 'cause he didn't want to see you.

4:05 PM

 
Blogger venessa said...

i hate you fish. i hope you run for president and lose.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Sorry, no time to respond - too busy winning.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

i like the way this thread is going!

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home