Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.09.2007

Introducing Hula's Boyfriend



Hey guys, just a Day Camp news bulletin here to let you know that Hula's got a boyfriend, a fact which I had to find out through her Flickr stream. So since Hula doesn't care enough about us to give even a basic bio of her latest boy-toy (what is this, like the seventh one since January, Hula?) I thought I'd give it to you myself.

His name is Nate. He's 29 years old and a toll booth attendant. Sometime last March, Hula was crossing the Hancock Bridge outside Santa Barbara with a trunk full of toys for syphillis survivors. She was short for toll change but Nate happily accepted her phone number as compensation.

He called her fresh off his 2AM shift that night and asked her out right then. Hula was wary but sensed hefty future savings on bridge toll so she accepted his offer of a zoo date. The next week they dined out at The Tiki Taco Stand at the Santa Barbara Zoo and stayed up until closing throwing poo back at the monkeys.

It was magic and has been ever since.

[Hey, Hula-girl, I may have misreported some dates, locations, and basic facts. If that's the case, feel free to correct me in the comments.]

5 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

I think a part of me dies every time a DC girl pairs up with someone outside of DC. But congrats to you, Hula!

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Matthew K. said...

umm, i was at the sb zoo this past weekend. there is no tiki taco stand. but everything else sounds just about right.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

I really hope that Fish remembers a conversation he, Spiff, and I had during Spiff's first summer that calls total B.S. on Spiff's comment there.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Whaaat? Ok, B.S. Gator.

I Guess typing veiled the sarcasm a little too much in my first comment. Guess I'll lay it on thicker next time so that we're all on the same page, ok?

And where is Fish these days, anyways?

12:22 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

I'm here - I'm here!!!! Sorry it has been a little while since I've posted, but I'm around. I'm just about to get to these crazy pictures that have been posted of me - but I'm on my way.

8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home