Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

6.30.2006

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

I'm sure at some point, those who have left the mount have felt separated. We have all sat around looking at our watching thinking: Jack's singing right now. or they are getting ready for theme skit now or i bet they are in celebration rotation. Or at times we can close our eyes and see ourselves sitting out at our favorite Bible Study spot. (for me, thinking about my fav. practical application at the two sisters glen plaque.)

So, in true Day Camp form. (or addiction) I am teaching 1sy graders at my church's VBS. its the closest i can get. I play dead cow.... I sing Jack songs to pass the time. Its also left me extremely tired. I guess I'm outta form! But its Friday... last day.... ANd my voice is scratchy and i wish i had Frodo's 1st grade magic!

& Can't wait to see the gang at the Cooper-Burns Wedding this weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger venessa said...

yay for you coming

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Chilly, how fun - glad you're doing VBS. I think my way of filling in the gaps is I randomly talk to people's children when they're around me. I'm doing my best to not seem like a creepy guy in the process, and the kids always like being talked to. Glad you found your way.

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Hecka funny, Chill. And I'm totally in Fisher's pederast corner where little kids just pick up the vibe from me and I pick it up from them and I'm like "hey" and they're like "heyyy."

Okay maybe we're not the same at all.

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

Proof that I'm not exactly cut from the true DC cloth: I generally avoid little kids and they generally avoid me. Nonetheless, I had a great time last summer and I do miss all of you. And, well yeah - I do (however hard it was for me and my personality) miss being with the kids - there were certainly a few that left a permanent impression on me.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home