Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

11.12.2006

how having a DC blogger profile saved my life... at least my education.

so... as many of you know, i somehow have the most strange things in life (ever) happen to me on a fairly normal basis... some quick examples:

*i get a phonecall by a number that says it's meredith's best friend miriam ("pixie" if you remember her from camp)who actually turns out to be some random guy from eureka (gators uncle, possibly?) that asks me on a blind date to a 311 concert (turns out he's a good 20 years older than me... no thanks.)(and, no, it definitely wasn't miriam or meredith)

*at the jr high summer camp i went to with our church, another counselor comes up to me and asks if i remember breaking his heart at MH years ago by not agreeing to dance with him, and respond to his loveletter he had written me in junior high. this was back when we held dances in lakeside lodge... by the way, he lived in michigan...

and one of my recent personal favorites:
*i have had jav's phone # for the past year and a half, only to find out that jav really WASN'T joking around speaking spanish every time i called (like i thought,) the number 7(EIGHT)7-206-8213 actually belongs to a guy in PUERTO RICO...

so i guess it really shouldn't come as much of a suprise to me when i found out that my lost design project turned up... in IRAQ.

really, only i would lose my homework an have it end up in iraq... but seriously... read this email:

Ally,

Kinda of a funny story...First, I figured I must have picked up your binder when I grabbed my stuff out of the seat back on my way up to Seattle. Second, I'm an Air Force Pilot in the Reserves. Now fast forward to Iraq....Air Force pilot flys a bunch of young Marines into Baghdad, before allowing them off the jet I must grab this binder in my back pack. While digging through my back pack I find your binder that doesn't not look familiar to me. I open it up and start staring at it's contents in confusion! What is this? Where did it come from? Oh, the guys are messing with me! Then I realize two of the Marines I just flew into a combat zone are laughing and making jokes about what "the Air Force guys bring with them into combat". I begin to try and explain myself, but I really have no idea what I was looking at, how it go into Iraq with me, and where and when it hitched the ride. After a little embarrassment and much laughter I decided I must make an at finding the owner of this fine work. So it stays on the trip back to the states and when we get home I Google the only clue, Your name on a luggage tag. Countless weird and freaky sites came up, just kidding. But, one of them had your name and email attached to it, from your Blogger account. So I gave it a shot.
So your binder and work have gone International...from Seattle it went to North Carolina, Germany, Iraq, San Diego, and now back to Sacto. I will try and send it to you tomorrow. Good luck explaining this one to your professor, it might be easier going with the proverbial...my dog eat it!! Take care and good luck in studies. Alex


so... i know this is long, but really... i probably would've failed this class had i not have had you amazing people that i have a desire to keep in touch with...
and i guess i owe a special thanks to gator (who began this lovely blog thing, i believe) and to bro... for calling me and telling me my "profile is boring" so that i put some information on there that now, any random guy can access.

miss you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. said...

insane.

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Ha ha! I love these stories. Tell more, Snaps! I don't care ... just make 'em up!

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

Thats hilarious! I love it! what a fun story! Glad you got it back before it was due... But, i'm a little confused, this guy picked it up at the airport?
what a fun course of events!

12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home