Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

7.31.2008

Gator & Tuesday Meyer

We got married. That's all.



Okay that isn't all. This is my first summer off MH's payroll, the first summer that all of Day Camp's counselors started in years after mine. My involvement on this blog has drifted. I don't plan to organize or attend New Year's this year.

I'm really glad Tuesday & I set this thing up small, that we could meet each attendant at the dock in Avalon and have a gift basket and note waiting for each of them in their rooms. No one came from high school. No one came from college. I didn't mind that.

But it sucked a little that we didn't invite Day Camp, that the people who surrounded us when this thing first happened weren't there, though it was pretty awesome my entire groomman lineup was Day Camp Mafiosi.

I want you people to know I thought a lot about you on July 19. We thought a lot about you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hula said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your photos are beautiful and fun - looks like it was an amazing day!! Yay for marriage!!

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

That's sweet! Wow, think how far this Blog has covered our lives! Congratulations you guys!

P.S. I can't afford the ferry to Avalon anyways, and I love the little clubhouse bar to the left outside of your picture. Sweet location!

4:03 PM

 
Blogger dana said...

Congrats gator and tues! the photos i've seen from your wedding are amazing! you two are so great.

12:53 AM

 
Blogger Race said...

yes, the pictures are awesome! many congrats on your marriage and hopefully i'll be seeing you guys around santa cruz this year :)

12:17 AM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

So where are you guys living now?

And I just read the post again...I totally missed the New Years update! I wonder what New Years will be like this year. Thanks for hosting it and putting so much into it in years past. Thank you thank you thank you!

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

hey spiffer, me and the girl Tuesday are settling in a little cottage in Santa Cruz where anyone's welcome to stop by for a hot meal and some beer. Or no beer, if beer isn't your thing.

But we miss everyone, you know? That post seems a little too final in retrospect.

1:28 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Yeah, I hear ya. I get sad sometimes that it's not my first summer and I don't have more to come and I probably won't see any DC'ers soon. I miss having some excuse and the resources to see everyone about every 3 months. It is bittersweet getting older. Good memories and hopefully more to come. Whether the blog is as exciting as it used to be or not, I knew you guys during the best experiences of my life, and for that I'm thankful.

And I'd love to stop by with Kel and try a new beer sometime. When I get into Folsom, the invitation to you guys is open as well. : )

I'd also love some Halo soon. You guys got me addicted and you still hand me my nuts every time. : (

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home