Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.19.2005

Life anyone?

Okay, so i know that you are all desperate to find out what is going on in Scouts life! Well, I will tell you. And i know that you are all checking this as much as me (like 10 times a day) so i know that you will read this. Well, I am now on my third quarter at Cal Poly and loving it. I play racketball as much as I can. I am taking 5 classes and they are going good. College has become something so different since i have been in it. I have come to realize that college is not just about school but I know that God has been teaching me so much through the crazy life in the dorms. I miss out on all of the parties...really disappointed...NOT! I do get to experience the parties every weekend because all the drunk people come back to the dorms and that is probably the most exciting part, except when they throw up all over the bathroom. I don't really study too much and did okay last quarter but I am doing more reading this quarter so it is going a lot better. I can sit still longer than 30 min. anymore (like I ever was able to before but I just didn't know it at the time). I still try to avoid school work this quarter but seem to be doing better in my classes. I have taken three different groups to my grandparents ranch and went on Campus Crusade's Men's retreat, also at my grandparents ranch. I am taking a Lacrosse class and LOVE the class. It is sooo cool! I didn't know how to play before and i am one of three guys in the class so I get "special attention", and get to meet really cool girls! (I mostly meet the girls that also do not know how to play so they get the same attention as me.) I don't have a girlfriend, I liked a girl earlier this year but it didn't really work out, so I am still VERY single. I have met a lot of people at school and they are all really cool. Some people call me famous because they think I know so many people, it helps to have two sisters that have gone to the same school as you to meet people! I am in a bible study that has awesome guys and am being discipled once a week by a really cool guy. I am involved in Campus Crusade and have met a lot of people there. I get to hang out with Dixie at least once a week and don't really see anyone else much (sadly!!!!!) I miss everyone and wish I could see all of you right now. I don't know what else to update on but I am glad that I can share a part of my life with you all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

Holy Cow! You're diggin' deep! I'm SO glad to hear that you are reaping so much from your first year. I had no idea you would enjoy it that much, whatta first year Scout! I thought SLO is an intimidating school, but I guess I should have known you're like the only guy that could have pulled off a frosh year like that. Right On, keep it up!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

scout - - - it is wonderful to hear about your year at college...but honestly, i am just excited that you are going to be back at camp this summer. and G8R... I agree with scout - - -invite the new peo-po to the blog.. i never thought that the internet would actually make me feel that i got to connect with people that i don't see. i heart you guys

1:36 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

awwww scout i miss you! I'm glad this year has been so awesome! love you

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

Scout!!!!! That is sooo awesome! what a great year! But, have you put a pool in your room yet?

You need Snorts rudy and me to help ya out!

not really, i'm just jealous. Can I come over and live under your bed? I miss college.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

where is snorts? i talk to her bro every now and then here at plnu, and he doesn't even know how she's doing. ???

10:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home