Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

10.13.2005

Bwahaha!

So I was asked to coach powder puff football. I hasten to point out that I was asked so that no one confuses me with the volunteering sort. I don't volunteer around school. For anything. But this sounded kind of fun, despite the fact that what I don't know about football could seriously injure somebody. It's a week of practice followed by a trip to the Superbowl.

But even funnier than the thought of coaching a sport I haven't seriously played since the days when a mailbox was a first down and defensive tackles had names like Chrysler and Honda has been my desperate attempts to connive some seniors into helping me assistant coach -- defensive coordinators, offensive coordinators, etc.

I found six who were interested and I began to wonder what the terms of our deal would be. I tossed an extra-credit package out on the line but I really hate to dilute my grades like that. Community service hours? Cash? Blood diamonds? I anticipated their demands.

And then someone told them I had a rap video.

After a day of faux stonewalling, of telling them there was no way I'd ever let that tape out into the public eye again, I "gave in."

"Okay," I said, "but if any of you miss a single practice, you're locked out of the screening room." We shook on it while other students tried to convince me of their absolute necessity to the team.

As a down payment, I had to tell them the meaning of my rap group's name, Notorious Z.F.G. I told them that Z stood for Ziggy, F for Furbs, and G for Gator. I wouldn't tell them which one I was, but I didn't have to.

"Gator! That's you," they said.

And I knew they were right.

15 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Love said...

I wonder how they knew? That was a good story Gator. I think we should write Jack and have him make up a song.

Me thinks it funny that Lark is all by herself under the My Spacers.

With luv,

~Spidey

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Your powder puff game looks really organized and formal... ours was put together by the students and played on the last day of school. After my senior year it was cancelled due to the gaming being to intense and more importantly the prankings we did which resulted in the principal calling us in individually and throwing around words such as "not walking" and "suspended indefinetly". Ah the high school days

11:26 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

I still don't understand why don't you change the name to GFW or something with a W into it. :)

11:47 PM

 
Blogger venessa said...

wow gator. check out those guns of yours.

12:26 AM

 
Blogger venessa said...

oh and gator chilly has a xanga- i think it is chillybeans. look at larks. it was kind of cool. i liked the whole question thing. and if you read this lark. i like you more than spidey loves to sign his name after his blog.

12:33 AM

 
Blogger Hula said...

...and while you're adding to the lists, Gator, please don't forget to add the newest DC MySpacer, Rudy.

1:25 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Bwahaha (again)!!

My district's web proxy blocks a whole lotta webpages. (I have to ask them once a month or so to unblock this one.) MySpace has been blocked for a while now, mostly I imagine because it offers no useful content whatsoever but also conducts a singleminded assault on grammar, web aesthetics, and interpersonal relationships. (Editorializing there, sorry.) Anyway, the district has suddenly made its opinion on MySpace clear by, instead of blocking it, redirecting my browser to this page. Glad to know someone in my district has a sense of humor.

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

that is freaking hilarious. boy do i miss my little pony

8:50 AM

 
Blogger annie said...

Why Fish? What happened to your little pony?

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

watch your mouth...sinner

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

I'm gonna' be honest here, Fish: I miss your little pony too.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I'd say Fish's little pony was still much larger than Jav's.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Fun to come back from being away for the weekend and stumble upon this conversation.

As a point of clarificaiton: My little pony ≠ a sexual euphemism.

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

How do you make that awesome "does not equal" sign? Lemme experiment: ≠

Yay.

So, basically, what both Spidey and Fish are saying is this (albeit with different meanings)

my little pony ≠ your little pony




you're both liars.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

hey how'd you get my xanga site???? ah well it was bound to get out. thanks ness.

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home