Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

10.06.2005

exciting news for me

I just wanted to let you all in on a bit of news from yesterday - I GOT A JOB! I know that this may not sound that exciting because lots of people have jobs, and I myself have worked in the past.... but for me this is different than working as a server at BJ's. I got a *PAID* position working part-time on the California Gubernatorial election for 2006. This is really exciting because it is basically the job I have been pining for since last year and it panned out - a tremendous blessing and answer to prayer. So I am going to be doing the suit & tie thing to work like 3 days a week for about 15 hrs.... I'm pumped.

Not that you necessarily would be interested - but if you are you can see the guy that I work for on his website:

www.westly2006.com/

Random Info: His name is Steve Westley and he is the current Controller for the State of California.

I'm really not making a plug so much as I am wanting to give you a potential window for learning about what I am going to be spending a lot of time doing this next year. You can also check to make sure that I haven't sold my soul to the dark side of Democratic politics (oops....forgot to mention that he is a Democrat - - a moderate one - - - but a Democrat - - yipee!)

That is all..... things are going well down here in LA and it is fun to continue to hear from you guys. Take care.

12 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

That's awesome, with your work ethic I think you'll prosper wherever you put your mind to work. Can't wait to hear how it goes, man!

1:44 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

nice work! it will be good prep for when you run for Gov. of CA

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I agree with Lark. And with the resent elections, anything is possible. When you run make sure your posters say "Vote for FISH".

2:38 PM

 
Blogger alexandra said...

good for you, fisher...

i think my mom's going to cry...

:)

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

ha.... thanks guys for the "encouragement" and ribbing.

ali, tell your mom that I love jesus

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

...just a little less than you do Eliot Spitzer.

11:29 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

ha. nice one gator: high fives, boys!

Congrats, Fish. So, um, watcha' gonna' be doing 'round mid-july next year?

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

well.... really hard to say. If my boy wins the primaries then I may be here in California working a governor race - making certain desirable extra-curriculars much more of a possibility. But it's so far off I honestly don't have any idea. If I were to get hired full-time (supposing that Westley even makes it to the general) stuff would probably look really good. But like I say, it's pretty hard to tell this early in the game.

I like that you're still interested. I definately sure am.

I love Jesus more than Eliot Spitzer

2:05 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

...yeah, but I mean it's definitely a close call, right?

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

no, gator

5:33 AM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

i'll vote for you.... i mean him.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger alexandra said...

i'll tell her.

she already knows how you feel about dick cheney... (in no uncertain terms... :D)

3:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home