Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

11.05.2005

From slow the seizure

So it's another slow day in the office. Suddenly this guy comes in with this little girl that’s having a seizure. Needless to say the day took a 180 degree turn. So I’m watching as everyone's running around and this guy is yelling at everyone to stay calm, and in the fray I go into robot/counselor mode and everything that I learned in first aid and the nurse speech comes into play. So as the girl is having the seizure I told the guy to keep the crowd at bay and I call 911. Meanwhile Dan (bookstore, now weekend host), is watching all this trying to keep the girl calm. The entire time Dan and I were the coolest cats ever. We even got complemented on it by the paramedics. I was really proud. I think Dan was too. Wow, what a day at the APC!

I have a feeling she'll be fine though,

~Spidey

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Love said...

Also, Dan just told me there was a small fire in birch lounge. Poor guy, this is only his secound weekend on the job! Talk about trial by fire. (no pun intended)

~Spidey

7:02 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

*second

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home