Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.18.2006

my summer plans

I figure now is as good of a time as any to tell all of you that I will not be at camp this summer. This is after much thought and I am sure I'll regret it, but my reasoning goes like this: if I was at camp, I'd have regrets about not doing other things and I'd hate to be in the situation of being at Mount Hermon as a counselor and having any regrets about it. Instead this summer I'll be playing music with possibly 4 bands including trying to get a solo ep out. I'll be working at Peet's coffee still and hopefully be able to transfer to one in the city when I move in July or August. I also applied for this 2 week trip to New York where 6 Americans, Germans, Moroccans, and Tunisians meet up and discuss world issues and things of that ilk. I'm really hoping I get accepted, I find out if I get an interview on the 28th. I really want to come down and visit like last year, even though my bro won't be there, so I hope someone is willing to lend a floor every now and then. I really was excited about being there this summer, I just think the opportunites before me are too perfect to pass up and I also have this debt left from England that Mount Hermon won't kill as easily as Peet's. cheers,
-matt

13 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

Sound like good reasoning. I won't be there either, so I hope I'm visiting when you are.

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

That's really too bad. You will be missed. Hope those things work out for you!

11:17 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

you will be missed

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

There's always more summer. Maybe next go round? Seems to me like you'd be one of those counselors cut from the legendary cloth, feel me? That said, I'm truly excited about everything going on for you; I think you've made a good decision.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I'll raise you from one floor to a soft couch at Spidey's pad. Anytime.

~Spidey

2:21 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Bummer. I know you're doing good things - but I am biased toward the camp choice. You'll do well though - so whatever... but I'll just say "I called it". Love you friend, and you'll have a great summer I'm sure.

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Matthew K. said...

Spiff - we definitely need to be at the herm at the same time

Daff, Fish & Michael - I know I'm letting you down, but I thought this one over a whole lot and I just didn't want to be at camp and have my mind somewhere else and once this NY thing came up, which was the day after Bob emailed me, it kind of just made me realize that it's okay to be selfish this summer.

Who and Spidey - I'll still be coming down and that couch sounds way better than crashing in Gator's bed last year.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

sweet! We'll make a JD run and watch High Fedelity.

Looking forward to summer...

~Spidey

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Matthew K. said...

JD?

11:24 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Jack Daniels

12:41 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

You're not letting me down.

1:55 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Your always welcome to join Mike. That is if your not too good for a late night High Fedelity viewing with the boys now that your married.

~Spidey

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

You're not letting me down either. I think it is best that you choose what you really want to be doing, and I know for a fact (by virtue of the fact that I know you), that you really thought about this, and you're making the decision that you think is best. I also believe that you are going to do well and what you do this summer. Like I said: I'm just biased, and I always vote for camp... that's all. No grudges or let downs here though.

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home