Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

9.06.2006

Minibus Roadtrip Time!




So, I kinda got a free car. I picked up this VW bus on Labor Day for free, but paid 200 dollars to get it to SD. It needs some help, but by summer, my roomie and I should have an awesome ride for a nationwide road trip. It has a camper interior and my RD is reupholstering the interior for free! I love the bed, the curtains, the fridge, the sink and the little picnic table inside. It's so cute!

We'll have one of the two engines running strong very soon, and I've got to take the pink slip in to AAA to get insurance. I'm going out on a limb here, but those of you who know my love for mechanics know that this is like Spidey shaking hands with Mary Jane. As Fish would say, you can't beat a price like "free" dollars. Any name suggestions for her/him?

13 Comments:

Blogger alexandra said...

glory. old glory. something truly regal for a ride that will take you across this country.

if you have an extra seat, i have first dibs... if only for a state or two! ha. :)

2:11 PM

 
Blogger venessa said...

why not mary jane?

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Ooo. Way to go, Spiff. You've got a fun project ahead of you. And I really love "Old Glory." It's got a lot of age to it but self-respect also.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

I love the bus Spiff. It it makes it across the country make sure it makes it to Washington!

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Race said...

chris to the second power should also make a trip to the herm in old glory... specifically to pondy. glad to see the dream became a reality! maybe it will be goodwin's mascot.

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I make out with her sucka. UPSIDE DOWN!

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Update: We got it running tonight, on the first try - in fifteen years!

P.S. C-Squared is in the running (my rommates' name is Chris too)

Thanks for the feeds...

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

Old Glory is good. But I saw go with Matilda.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

that looks awesome spiffer! You should call her.... i'm really bad at this stuff. I like old glory. or maybe a girls name... it should be like an old name for the 40s or 50s. like Blanch.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

HA! A Jav typo! Get 'im, everybody! Get 'im good!

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Jav, what were you trying to say? It's ok, just take a deep breath, finish chewing your food and tell us what you meant by that last comment.

1:04 PM

 
Blogger dana said...

No way! That's such a sweet ride...

Gertrude. Come on, it has a ring to it.

2:44 AM

 
Blogger venessa said...

hahahahaha montana its pretty late to be posting....why is that?

10:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home