Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

2.21.2007

an update of sorts

I know I've been completely absent from the blog for awhile now....mainly because I've been too lazy to do the whole switch to the new blogger thing (even though it took all of 10 seconds). Anyway, just figured I'd tell those of you who I don't talk to much what's been going on. Basically, everything has been going well, school's been fine, got a promotion at work, etc. My girl and I went to Disneyland this past weekend for Valentine's, which was a much needed break from life. All in all, things have been just moving along just fine. Until yesterday.
So I wake up for school, go and grab a cup of coffee, walk to my car only to find that my car is not where I remembered parking it. Actually, my car isn't anywhere to be found because somebody decided that they wanted my car, so they took it. So I'm home from Disneyland for a night and my car gets jacked. wonderful.
Luckily Michael and Merideth were free all day and in some series of crazy events and through lots of help I managed to get a new car last night. I actually woke up this morning and am still confused as to how yesterday happened...such a crazy mix of feelings. I'm way excited to have a new car, but my Civic had no theft insurance and is probably gonna turn up eventually in a few pieces. Anyway, that's an update on me, how're the rest of you doing?

6 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

Yikes! That sucks. I remember that feeling, like "wait, didn't I park it here?" I hope you find some grace in this situation. Hang in ther and let us know if you need anything. Cheers?

P.S. do you like the new car?

12:34 PM

 
Blogger venessa said...

sushi i miss you! im so sorry about the car, but lucky you that you got another car in such a quick amount of time, you sure are loved by your family. we need to hang out soon.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Ouch... that really sucks man! I lost my wallet two days ago which was a bummer until I found it the next day. I guess we have similar stories. Ha Ha

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Matthew K. said...

yes daff, totally similar.

spiff, i love my new car actually. it's a 99 jetta, way fun to drive and has a bit more space which is something i've wanted for a while.

and rudy, let's definitely hang out soon. i have saturdays off of work now, so that's prolly the best bet.

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

Good to hear from you Matty boy. I haven't been around these parts even close to enough recently, so it was good to get an update on people. DC life is going alright - adjusting and all. I know there are some calls I haven't returned, so I hope that you all still love me just as much (ahem *lark* ilove you).

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Good to hear, Matt. I've always wanted a '99 Jetta. I love 'em. Take care.

2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home