Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

6.15.2005

Gator's Guide to New (and Newish) Counselors

Pictures and a few superficial descriptors. After only a few days of experience with most new staffers, I don't really have any qualification for this. Posted for Fisher's benefit, mostly.

Aspen: 20 years old, dancer from Elko, NV, who attends a school in Colorado. Nice girl.


Bro: Taking his last final exam today, will graduate from San Lorenzo Valley high school on Friday, exhibits the easygoing attitude and good humor towards working for MH that only comes from having lived here his entire life.


Daff: One of, like, ninety staffers from Washington this summer. Funny guy, good for liftin' heavy stuff, fits in real well with a group of guys that basically all knew each other already.


Deedee: at 23, tied with me for the Member Of Day Camp Staff Who Probably Oughtta Find An Adult Job Sometime Soon (no disrespect for Deedee, for whom day camp is a great extension of her elementary school aiding job during the year; my own insecurities peeking through there), teaches in Redding, CA, which makes her the only one of us who really knows what it means to live in NorCal.


Hula: UC Santa Barbara student, don't know much about what she does in the off season; just a really, really agreeable person whose quirk of batting her eyes at anyone she speaks to simultaneously adorable and completely off-putting.


Indy: New-ish counselor who, along with Montana, form the cabal of Day Campers most likely to take everything over in a bloody coup; everytime I see them talking I sweat.


Jav: goes by Michael K. around these parts, not much need to elaborate on this boy-o, except to say that I'm extremely interested to see if dials back his ascerbic wit at all with the little kids


Jayber: dating Jav, enhances the indie appeal of Day Camp, the Day Camp member most likely to feature prominently on the pages of Cargo magazine next to an article on proper hair care.


Snaps: who has worked here in the past, who -- darn her -- now has three total names (along with real-name, Ali, and rejected camp name, Squirrelly) who I'll probably never get right ever.


Gonna be a good summer, from the looks of things. I'm in Davis right now, about to make things official.

Gator

6 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Sears said...

YEAH!!!! That is wonderful. I am so excited. All of the finals are done. One paper left. Oh this thing is so cool. Thanks G8R.

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Okay, not to brag, but we finished decorations and set-up this afternoon at four. That's a day earlier than last year, which was a day earlier than the year before that. Astounding. And by "we" I mean "they". I'm not sure what my job is here sometimes.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Wow I feel like I know them all so well

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Why am I still checking this? anywho, give me a ring bru and lark...I miss you fine women.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Will do! Much Love

7:59 PM

 
Blogger venessa said...

what is aspen petting?

10:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home