Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

6.07.2005

I just figured it out...

There really is a brand new way that I should have been doing school all along. Granted I'm not sure if you learn quite as much... but online class - it is the wave of the lazy. NO joke. I decided I needed an online history class. I just spent 2 hours reviewing the 5 chapters that were assigned (this is for 1 of the 3 quizzes - - this quiz is roughly the equivalent of a third of a normal history class) - - - i bought the study guide for the text book... i didn't even read anything in the 5 chapters. Online quiz - - 55 minutes - - - open book, and here are a sampling of two of the easiest questions.

Question 14: (1 point)

Among industrial workers in the United States during the late nineteenth century, blacks occupied the bottom of the job hierarchy. A hierarchy is a

a. healthy working environment.
b. grouping of workers according to their intelligence.
c. group of people involved in the same occupation.
d. classification into ranks.


Question 24: (1 point)

Social reformers in late nineteenth-century America considered the laissez faire philosophy advocated by the Social Darwinists to be both wasteful and inhumane. Laissez faire means

a. government regulation of economic activities.
b. redistribution of wealth through a welfare program.
c. an economic life free of government intervention.
d. opposition to monopoly.




If you think you or a rock you know could pass this class I would reccomend it. Granted other questions were much more difficult considering I did none of the work and the quiz is graded on a curve and I got an A anyways......... Good times for the stressed one over here with a huge research paper due tomorrow. Goodnight all.


Fisher-man

8 Comments:

Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Or good morning, depending on how you look at it.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to kick a friend while he's down, and remind him of how he pronounced stress a blessing to his life not so long ago.

Good luck, buddy.

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

I don't know if the quotation is really such a blind embrace of procrastination.... mild traces of irony are pervasive.... but I kicked the crap out all of my stuff. Mission accomplished...just 4 more to go and then camp is final frontier!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, i know this might sound stupid but i need the address for this summer so that my friends can all mail me really fun stuff. I stupidly threw the paper away and so i can't find the address. Any help? Thanks!

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Scout
Summer Staff at CC
General Delivery
Mount Hermon, CA 95041

That's so cool you have friends.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks gator, i am pretty proud that i have friends that actually want to send me stuff...if you count threatening to get mail during the summer voluntary. But i do love my friends and THEY WILL SEND ME STUFF OR ELSE!
scout :-)

2:28 PM

 
Blogger annie said...

I love the blogg

3:54 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many times a day this thing gets checked.

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

go ahead and try us... i have a lot of faith

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home