Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

10.13.2005

amatuers

So I was walking to the rec center yesterday and had to pass through Fairhaven (one of the dorm communities that is known for being a little out there) and I saw what I thought were some freshman attempting to play four-square. But oh no! They were actually playing with nine squares. It was so pathetic. I mean, common, who would play with nine squares. That's just ridiculous. Not to mention the squares were definetly not regulation size (way too small). There was no way I was going to waste my time, or if someone saw me my reputation, on that game. The point of the story is Day Camp four-square is awesome and Western nine-square is lame.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Love said...

I almost cried while reading that *sniff*. But seriously, I saw some kids playing four square about a week ago in front of day camp after I got off work. They were playing on the sun bleached remnant of the real thing. Even though I was tired and wanted to go home, some force drew me in.

~Spidey

8:21 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

Although, there is something attractive about nine squares. I could dig up a whole slough of analogies here, but not 'a the one smacks of anything resembling decency.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

daff! when are you coming to Canada? I was going to go down to Fairhaven the town to see a summer movie in august but because you weren't going to be there i passes

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Well Lark, I apologize but I was there last weekend on friday night hanging out with Dave (one of our staff counselors). Sorry!!!

3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home