Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

1.21.2007

Firsts

Well, I am having some firsts occur in my life at the moment, and so I just wanted to fill all of you lovely Day Camp people in what's going on:

1) I lost my cell phone. First time - not a lie! Unfortunately this means that I have no one's phone number. I have been able to log in a couple of you who've called in the last few days, but by and large, I have no #'s for anyone anymore. This is a great excuse for all of you to get in touch with me. When you do - if we don't speak - please leave your phone # in the message. You can also post it or e-mail it to ryanmsears@gmail.com, but phone calls are fun, and we could use it as a chance to catch up.

2) It snowed today in Washington, DC. It has been UNSEASONABLY warm here in DC (in the 70s last week), and so it was nice to actually have some colder weather... I mean I live on the East Coast for goodness sake - I bought a jacket and everything!!! It was pretty gorgeous outside because the snow actually stuck, but then a few hours later it kind of rained. No matter, because it was still a fun first day of snow.

3) I start a brand new job tomorrow morning. I am going to be working at the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). My position is Finance Assistant for the Western Region, which means that I will be working underneath the Western Finance Director and her Deputy. My region is in charge of all of the fundraising for the DSCC that takes place in 15 of the western states (including Cali and basically every other state that some of you may live in). It sounds like it is going to be a pretty cool job cause I will able to learn what fundraising is like and work with all of the Senators who are from out west. I will also get to occasionally travel, and so hopefully I will be in areas where people live and able to visit on work's dime. I'll make sure to let you all know when this actually happens.

Yeah - so that's kinda what's going on with me at the moment. Loved seeing so many of you while I got to visit. Make sure you call me or contact me so I can keep in touch.... this whole losing of the cell phone thing is extremely annoying.

4 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

That sucks about the cell phone! But thanks for coming out to New Years! Is that a record distance for DC New Years? If you're ever in SD gimme a call. I'll text you my number soon. And keep on keepin' it real!

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Daff said...

Yo... My digits are 425-890-6626. Where are you going to live? You should put in a word to the the Washington Senators, Maria Cantwell and someone else, that they need to "Fundraise" and support a new stadium for the Sonics.

12:25 AM

 
Blogger Collie said...

Fish, sorry about the phone. my number is 714-331-2577. How's the job going?

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

I'm not giving you my # cause you haven't called me in a week at least.

11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home