Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

6.11.2007

It's been Long enough

Hi Day camp family,
So, yes i have been absent from ANY and ALL day camp lives! I have a valid reason, I don't see you guys so I don't wanna look on this thing and become sad. So, I have done the opposite, tried to forget Day Camp. Well, it hasn't been working and I miss you all and Day Camp more than ever! I don't know what has been keeping me from seeing any of you or at least talking to you guys but that is just how it has been. Alright, enough excuses, YES i have been in Africa for about the last 2.5 months and I got back this last week. I am still Jet Lagged and can't really sleep in. YES I did meet a girl there, a lot of girls actually. NO, NO, NO! I am not engaged! I wish. I know, that was probably a big disappointment...sorry Chilly. But, okay i can't lie, i did kinda meet a girl there. I won't go into too many details, don't want to bore you all with a long written return from my absence (i still want you guys to like me). And YES I do like this girl. Nothing is happening though that doesn't mean nothing will happen, ask me again in about a year. She's a great girl and really was a blast to hang out with in Africa while i was there hanging out with my parents and meeting some crazy people.
Ummm...Gator, I think i DO look different but i guess i can't be the ultimate judge on that. It's been like what 2 years since i have seen any of you, in like a real significant way. I watched the videos and the one of me is so young. Was I really that young when i went to Day Camp the first summer? Strange!
Now, i think i am done. I miss you all and you guys can email me some time please. joe.cabalka at gmail.com so please send me something. I can't wait.
-Scout

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Love said...

Glad to hear you're still kicking Scouter. And I for one want all the details about your trip!

I can't think of a universe where you could be classified as "boring".

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

I am so glad you posted on the Blog!!! It always makes me smile when I think of you! I am glad that you had a fun time, and I cant wait to hear more. So then what are you doing for the summer? I got stuck taking care of Jr. highers that are doing drugs and doing really bad things. But this is where the Lord wants me, so I keep going. I cant wait to hear more about your trip and what your doing for the summer.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger Alisa Marie said...

It's not a dissappointment when i can hear from you!!! Silly. (i'll just have to kick rudy in the pants for lying to us) GLad you and your parents are home safely! and congrats to your sister.

miss you!

11:07 AM

 
Blogger venessa said...

one of the highlights of my weekend was hearing meredith exclaimn "did you know that scout is engaged!!" in which i grinned and said that i made that up because i just wanted him to post....and then when chilly so desperately put her number on the blog to hear the news, i couldn't resist a good prank. hehehe. kinda like the time we faked the pregnancy at costco. you need to lie and pretend to make things happen.

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

"you need to lie and pretend to make things happen."

Why Rudy hasn't had a boyfriend since the third grade.

7:38 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Sorry to piggy back here scout, but you guys may want to flickr up.

12:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home