Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.25.2005

Can I mention?

I'm trying to write the e-mail that directors are supposed to write around this time (okay, it was supposed to be out a few weeks ago) and I've got nothing. It's worse than writer's block, really. I'm queasy. It was easy to burp out some enthusiastic words last year because I was in unfamiliar shoes and didn't know what to expect. But you guys proved far more powerful than I had anticipated, handling kids and each other with the kind of grace usually reserved for veteran sports stars. I don't know if you guys understand what I'm talking about, what it's like to head up a group that could quite clearly plow through enormous challenges and obstacles without you, but try to imagine strapping yourself to the cattle-catcher of a runaway locomotive and trying to watch the scenery. You guys overwhelmed me last year and I'm coming to this summer a little shy.

Gator

P.S. I swear, if this post turns into another mutual love-in I'm gonna sock somebody.

4 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

SOrry 'bout the writer's block,but if you want to get over the letter quick, just fill it with B.S. like your website. Hope that helps, and , yes, I heart everybody.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

I heart YOU Spiff.

te-he

-Spidey

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

hey - is this picture from Mission Springs?

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Yeah.

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home