Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

5.06.2006

prayer please.

hey guys...

so last thursday i got a call from danny (my boyfriend) who was picking aubrey (my little sister) up from one of her homeschool classes. they had just gotten back to my house and were calling me to let me know that my house had been BROKEN INTO, RANSACKED, AND BURGLARIZED. so i leave work, because my mom is in greece, and its my dad's busy time of the year and he's unreachable. so i race home to see the damage... ALL of my mom's jewelry is gone, all of the bedrooms were absolutely ransacked, a tv, a minibike, my digital camera, all of our jewelry, giftcards, etc. if you have been out to my house, you know we're out in the country, so its pretty crazy, they had a desire to come to MY house. they were probably staking it out, which is really creepy. also, they determined that the people showed up as a landscaping company, because our front lawn was mowed, and the lawn mower was moved. really weird.

the good thing is that we're all fine. the bad news is that my mom is devastated on the other side of the world... she had more than $15,000 worth of jewelry stolen. and she feels helpless, because she can't even see what's going on. overall, they got away with upwards of $25,000 worth of stuff.

i know its just material possessions, but its more the fact that its extremely violating to know someone has sifted through your things, and in some cases, broken them, and trashed them. please pray for my family, especially my mom and my younger sisters, because they are scared to death that these people are coming back, and aubrey is homeschooled so shes by herself here on a fairly regular basis.

sorry to write so long, its been a crazy week.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Holy cow!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

How terrifying. Oh Ali, we are definitely praying for all of you and that you will be safe.

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Collie said...

You are all definitely in my prayers

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Spiffer said...

Dang! I hope all is well now. you can run a race on the jewelry in the Sacramento area for burglars selling it to pawn shops, etc. Maybe that would help find the stuff and/or determine who took it. I'm so sorry!

3:48 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

oh wow! tha't s crazy! i'm so sorry!

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Daff said...

That's horrible. I'm really sorry! I'll be praying for you!

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Love said...

Snaps, I'm soooooooo sorry! Another digital camera? Next time your down in SC look me up and perhaps I'll make a donation to a "new-new camera fund". Take care, and if Spiff and I find that/those guy(s) some sh#$ is going to be thrown down!!!

~Spidey

ps. big new comming soon!!!!!

people to interogate>
-Tuesday
-Hula
-Gator

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

I definitely think Hula should be the main suspect - I've always felt like she was up to something. It all makes so much sense now.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger kristin kathleen said...

That is terrible, Ali. I am so glad no one was home at the time, though. I will definitely be praying for peace and continued safety for you and your family. I love you, girl.

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home