Life continues past the months of June, July, and August and so must the counselors of Day Camp.

4.30.2005

Believe in the deep magic...


So....considering you guys know that I am slightly crazy, I thought I'd let you in on my little 9 month long secret/addiction. Since Daycamp ended, I've been following production of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It has been filmed in NZ like Lord of The Rings, with much of the same crew and CGI/makeup people. Walden/Walt Disney is producing it, but C.S. Lewis' nephew is in charge of everything. It is amazing how 'to the book' he's keeping it. I don't know if it interests you, but I'm stoked. 12.9.2005 is the release date and the remaining books will follow if it hits the box office hard. I can't wait to see Tilda Swinton play the White Witch. Lord knows she'd turn that fantasy into a horror story. Anyways, here's the site for news if it concerns you: www.narniaweb.com, and here is the friggin awesome site with trailer/teasers: www.narnia.com - hope to see if you guys like it too. ; ) Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

Blogger Spiffer said...

My bad, by the way, this is the concept art of the four Pevensie kids (Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy) walking in Narnia before they meet the Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. According to production, they will wander right past the sight of the stone table without knowing it because of all of the frost. This piece is called 'Stone Bridge.'

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

DUDE - - -the site is legit! I am pumped about this movie. My first action upon returning to Mt. Hermon this summer is going to be to demolish the whole series. I am excited to get to something on my reading list that isn't all poli sci-ey. I actually heard about this recently cause our college pastor is already talking about the movie. I hope it kills at the box office like LOTR did. Thanks for the update spiffer yo'.

3:12 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

"My first action upon returning to Mt. Hermon this summer is going to be to demolish the whole series."

Fish, if this is literally your first action, and the thing that consumes you during the first 4-5 weeks, to the detriment of your MH social life, I will pee on you.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the movie too. Mmm..turkish delight.

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Ryan Sears said...

If there is one thing that you can count on from me - - - my social life has rarely suffered on account of too much time spent alone with a book (much to my demise in college). You don't have anything to worry about friend.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

"...I will pee on you."

This kind of recrimination from the guy who intends to keep up his movie-a-day habit while at camp...

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Michael K. said...

not movie-a-day habit, gator, movie-a-day average for the year. I'm at 138 right now, 1/3 of the way through the year. In a normal year (e.g. last year) I'd be fine, and would probably break 400 no problem. As is, factoring in MH and what'll probably be double-time academics at Cal, 365 is looking unlikely this year. Iunno - don't worry 'bout me sequestering myself in buckeye to watch obscure Hungarian films. I'll be sociable. Promise.

1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home